Welcome! I’m extremely pleased to present to you Project Pursue Wisdom.
THE WHY: I started this site as an effort to influence our society to pursue that which is Wise, True, Good, Noble, Just. I have been a culture consumer (mostly films and books, as well as some news), and I’ve noticed that I have not been thinking things through thoroughly but only ingesting an excessive amount information and responding with knee-jerk-like reactions.
All eating and no digesting, so to speak.
Thus Project Pursue Wisdom is born. This will be a periodically updated Project dedicated to film and book reviews and – more importantly – discussions, as well as a presentation platform for some other resources/topics/ideas I’ve found helpful or interesting in my pursuit of wisdom in today’s culture/society.
So thank you for dropping by. I hope you will benefit from my upcoming reviews and analyses. I also hope to start a conversation among us: To think and not only consume culture. To shape it, rather than be shaped by it. Or you can use the word transform, if you liked what I did in the tagline above.
My wish is to not end with merely an informative site, but also individuals who seek to do what I’m trying to here with you. To start a conversation. To build listening (or in this case, reading) skills. To keep the fire going with those you know and interact with. To keep thinking, growing, talking, listening, learning, transforming to not conform with the culture, but learn how to transform it to a higher order of standards. Consume. Analyze. Discuss. Transform.
Would you care to join in this Project?
But first, below are some more info. Here are some types of articles I plan to present in this Project:
- “Mini-Reviews”: short and sweet, including what stood out the most to me as being amazing or horrible, and so will be more subjective to my filters and tastes as to what are important. These will probably outnumber the full-length reviews, due to my time and brain-power limitations.
- (Regular) “Reviews” will be more detailed compared to above and spoiler-free. I’m not entirely sure how I shall go about doing these, and certainly there will be changes as I learn how to more effectively write these out. So bear with me.
- “Mull Time:” comprehensive and multi-layered. This is where we will dig and dig deep into a story or topic. I will include discussion points, questions, and attempt to do a full analysis. Concept, characters, plot, theme, morality, level of entertainment, and artistic/cinematic quality will be tackled. There will no doubt be plenty of spoilers in these, so I recommend that you first view the film/read the book or otherwise prepare yourself mentally to be exposed to these spoilers before reading these. This is also when I wish to engage you folks the most.
At this time, I do not plan on reviewing a lot of “now in theatres” movies. The major reason for this is because I prefer to re-watch several times before I can fully comprehend/analyze/review it well enough for the purposes of this site.
For recent movie reviews, I shall refer you over to sites like PluggedIn.com from Focus on the Family, Movieguide.com, and World.wng.org (this last one does select movies/TV reviews). I have found these sites to be mostly helpful, in various ways, especially to help me decide whether or not I actually want to see a movie. I will admit, I have actually explored these sites laboriously by clicking the previous page button over and over again until I see a movie title that sparks my interest.
If you have a particular film or book you wish for me to address, feel free to use the Comment box below. Please include:
- Author/Director and Stars
- Year of Release
- Media Type (Book or Film or Audiobook?)
- And most importantly: why in particular you think it would be good/interesting for me to see/read and feature in this Project. I shall respond accordingly.
Finally, I do plan on doing some fun things once in a while, like talking about literary/on-screen heroes and villains and couples and why they’re so loved. Down the road will be author spotlights and (hopefully) interviews. And under the Captain’s Log tab, I shall include some life reflections and devotions, as they come my way.
Does this sound interesting as something you’d like to keep an eye on or something you are certain to join/participate in? Please consider subscribing/following THIS PROJECT!
If your degree of curiosity is so high that you’re willing to share a space in your Inbox with my Project, simply Subscribe/Follow. I shall be honored.
~ Project Founder, An INTJ. Reader. Watcher. Reviewer. Writer. A Believer doing my best to live out 1 Tim. 4:12 & 2 Tim. 2:4.
Also a Fighter for Liberty. Rebel for Justice. History Buff. Truth Seeker. Team Captain America. Narnian. 221B Ally. Preferred Weapons of Choice: Dual Swords and a Pen. I’m a dedicated saboteur for The Rightful King while in enemy-occupied territory. And I like to devour books & films that offer profound wisdom or instigate interesting ideas, or are just plain fun.
P.S. Being an INTJ means I can be somewhat satirical and sarcastic. (Hopefully not in a wholly pessimistic, annoying way – let me know if it’s disturbing.) It also means I have a baseline with which I measure and lens through which I view the world and execute discretion. I intend to keep this site intellectually engaging, challenging, respectful. I beseech you to do the same. *bows out*
“You have never talked to a mere mortal…”~ C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory
“There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world.”~ Orson Scott Card